E' consigliato parlare con gli sconosciuti ...

E' consigliato parlare con gli sconosciuti ...

sabato 21 febbraio 2015

In attesa di Carrie & Lowell ...



Sufjan Stevens 
Live @ Austin City Limits, 
17 settembre 2006

The Lord God Bird 
Casimir Pulaski Day 
Jacksonville 
The Predatory Wasp Of The Palisades Is Out To Get Us! 
Detroit, Lift Up Your Weary Head! (Rebuild! Restore! Reconsider!) 
A Good Man is Hard To Find 
The Dress Looks Nice On You 
Chicago 


Ho sentito il nuovo singolo, No Shade In The Shadow Of The Cross, e apparentemente il ritorno al folk è cosa certa ... speriamo bene, perché il Sufjan elettronico che abusava di autotune (The Age Of Ads, bbbbrrrr) mi sembrava un clone dell'originale ...

P.S.: qui c'è una toccante intervista che spiega la nascita e il processo, non solo creativo, alla base del disco. Un Sufjan più nudo che mai.

"I'm being explicit about really horrifying experiences in my life, but my hope has always been to be responsible as an artist and to avoid indulging in my misery, or to come off as an exhibitionist. I don't want to make the listener complicit in my vulnerable prose poem of depression, I just want to honor the experience. I'm not the victim here, and I'm not seeking other peoples' sympathy. I don't blame my parents, they did the best they could".


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento